Monday, October 8, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Jewellery



I had this necklace made on Etsy very soon after Saersha's death. I know many people have necklaces like this for their living children but I don't think that I would have had it made if I didn't yearn for any kind of physical connection to Saersha possible. I love seeing her name written anywhere or hearing it said. This necklace also can offer a rare entry point for people in my life who want to say something about what has happened. It puts it out there in the world a bit, which also feels like a brave act to me. Sometimes I just don't want to have to tell people but this necklace can make me do it.
I also like this necklace because it reminds me of a dog tag and often I feel like I am a veteran. I am not sure who I have been at war with, death, the universe, myself, but I feel like I have seen a kind of darkness that people don't often see and come back to try and live amoungst the civilians.

1 comment:

  1. Your necklace is beautiful. Saersha Rose. Her name is so lovely. I wish she were her in your arms <3

    ReplyDelete