Saturday, September 7, 2013

High Water Line

The stress of grief and loss and subsequent pregnancy and motherhood has laid pretty heavy on me. I have applied for a new job, but I almost feel like my anxiety levels are still so high at a baseline that I am not sure I can survive an interview! At the same time I don't think I should hold back from opportunities, especially since grief and motherhood are just my reality now.
Have you found that too, that it's harder to manage other kinds of anxiety now?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely yes. I am struggling right now with the stress of teaching and writing; I have done all these things before but the anxiety I feel this time is one hundred times what I've felt in the past. I know part of it is having a four-month-old baby who doesn't want to take a bottle, but the biggest part of it is the toll grief has taken - and continues to take - on me. I just don't have the same coping mechanisms.
    Good luck with the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J I think you're the only person still reading this blog, so maybe I should just email you when I need to ruminate on grief! ;)

      Delete
  2. I think there's just so little room for any more anxiety and "stuff". I'm so close to overflow so much of the time ordinarily.

    ReplyDelete