Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Another October 15

This the fourth year I have observed October 15th as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Although it is overshadowed by Saersha's death, I still grieve for my first loss, that one shot at a pregnancy of innocence and joy. That first year I felt very alone. But now I am thinking of all of the couples and families I know who have suffered this tragedy. We are many, but that doesn't make each loss less catastrophic or each baby less significant and loved.

Anja, Ohoosis, Alexander, Toren, Charlotte, Acacius, Marlon, Tobias, Marlo, Eva, Nathaniel, Stefan, Georgina and all others, I lit a candle for you and Saersha. You are missed so much.

2 comments:

  1. You and Saersha were in my light last night
    Sending love to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for remembering my Anja. I am remembering your Saersha. With love.

    ReplyDelete